Friday, November 17, 2006

The two headed dragon and the ship

I destroyed a painting on wensday night. I had put so much effort into it, did it in oils.
I was puting a 'protective' coat on it and all the colours bleed into each other, looking at it now disgusts me, it was to be a gift for a friend, now I have nothing. I cant believe I destroyed it. I have decided to paint only in acrylics from now on and save myself any future pain. Wouldn't ya know it, it was the first painting where I ever got the ocean to look perfect and now no one will ever see it.

3 comments:

ann said...

I'm sorry honey... that is heartbreaking, all your hard work and effort for nothing... is there no way it can be rescued?

lotsa luv ann xxxxxxx

Liz said...

So sorry to hear, believe me I know the feeling...
Although, I wished I could see IT or one of your others sometime (wonder were you go with oils or acrylic).

Axe said...

aawwww, honey! I know exact;y what that's like! So sorry to hear that! Always fucking Murphy's Law! I'm sure the next one will be even better.