Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A year missing.

Was talking to mick on the balcony at some point last night, we were trying to work out what year something happened, I thought it was last year, mick thought it was the year before. Mick was right of course, he had to be, because on closer inspection of my memory I have discovered that I have no memory of last years comfest, I blocked it out.
I think I subconciously did it to protect myself. Comfest is a magical place, where time almost stands still, the rest of the world doesn't exist while its on, well thats how it feels anyway. Last year someone very dear to me died during festival, and I think some of the magic that surrounds this place died with her. I remember the night she died but nothing else of the festival, but I wonder if my mind is trying to protect me, why leave me the memory of that night, why leave me with the pain and wipe out all the good stuff. Why do I only ever remember the bad things?

No comments: