Tuesday, January 17, 2006

15-01-06

I was driving through the hood tonight on my way home, and there in the gutter was a guy getting gang bashed by about 20 other males. I had to swerve to miss them. I slowed down and they backed away from their victim. I didn't stop. I didn't stop. I should have helped him, I should have dragged him into my car and driven him to safty, but I didn't stop.

I was scared, scared the attackers would hurt me, scared the victim would carjack me, but no doubt my fear could never equal the amout of fear that poor boy in the gutter was feeling. I am a weakling, always have been. I use words to keep myself out of danger, which means I don't react we when put into violent situations. I'm trained in the art of seldefence, but I doubt that will help me in hand to hand combat. It's not my problem, but I should make it my problem.

I didn't even call the police... Didn't even stop.

3 comments:

Faye_Hart said...

Pray for the boy and pray for yourself...It may not be the best answer, but I think prayer helps everything....I still love you :)

Anonymous said...

You have far too much excitement of the bad variety in your life :(

There isn't a lot you can do in a situation like that...especially not when you're on your own. Almost anything else you might have done could have put your life at risk.

But just because you didn't do anything then, doesn't mean you can't do something now. You can't change what happened, but you can still change what happens next.

I'm glad you weren't hurt.

Axe said...

There is nothing wrong with putting your safety first when your judgement tells you so! I would've run a few over while passing.