Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Ten Years

On Friday it will have been ten years.

The 20th of January 1996, I remember most of it like it were yesterday, but there is one part I am glad I will never remember.

Ten years, that's a long time, it took me nine to get my life back on track. I'd tried before mind you, things just always fell apart. I wonder will I make it this time?

Would I change that day if I could? I'd move heaven and earth to change it, but if I did, who would I be now?

It's our actions and occurrences that make us who we are, if that evil day had never transpired 10 years of my life would have to be rewritten.

Who would I be? And would I like what I'd become?

It's funny, before that curse-ed day I wanted to be a cop... then I lost faith in the system.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's strange, 1996 was the year my life turned upside down, too, albeit in a much less dramatic and painful way. It hadn't even occurred to me that it's been ten years...

I find it safer not to contemplate what might have been. The fact remains that we are here, and this is now. Nothing changes that.

I know I'll never be glad about the ugly things in my life, but on balance, if they're the price I had to pay for the better things, so far, I think it's been worth it.

ann said...

that's sad .... do you regret it?

lotsa luv ann xxx