Sunday, February 12, 2006

The Wind Master

It was an unusual night. There was no wind. I felt odd so I went outside for a walk. I heard it in the distance moving across the land like a tidalwave. I stood and looked to the east, I knew what it was, I could tell by the sound, but I had to see it coming to believe it.

The wind hit me with full force and seemed to centre around me not unlike a wirlwind. The power of it was so intense, yet somehow I never lost my footing. With it came a message. The wind was calling me, begging me to acknowledge it. The call was so demanding, so overwhelming that I danced uncontrolably in its power. The mastery of the wind controlling my every move. My head swam with the sounds it produced, my bare flesh tingled under its touch. I was intoxicated by this tornado of force, all the while the call kept crying out, 'Come to me, I need you.'

Who sent it? I cannot say, but the message was there all the same, floating on the wind, wrapped in the breeze, calling me, calling me to the sea. So enchanted was I by this magical mystry that I stood for hours in its secure hold, mesmerised in its majesty. I wanted to answer, I wanted to go. I was happy to let the wind consume me, to carry me to the waiting arms of the sea, but I was afraid of what I might find there.

What if there was nothing?
What if there was something?
Which is the greater fear?

And so I remain. I denied the wind, I denied the sea, denied the message meant for only me.
Not completely.
I sent my heart to the WindMaster waiting at the sea. Now I have nothing, I am empty.

6 comments:

Criminal Minds Fan said...

This is beautiful and well worth us waiting for. I am still concerned about whether things with you are alright. :)

Sovereign Syre said...

I denied the wind, I denied the sea, denied the message meant for only me.

I like this.

ann said...

Shadow you're not empty... there's still hope. If it's a message you are destined to have, it will get to you.

lotsa luv ann xxxxx

Axe said...

Shadow, don't make the mistake I always do...take the leap. Find the source. I personally think the wind carried you your own message to yourself, thus you think you found nothing...Look inside, to the inner beauty only a writer of this magnitude can hold.

Alisso said...

I used to hear things in the wind. I spent the night at the beach once, and found myself sitting at the peak of the hill on the headland as the sun tried to rise behind me through the clouds, in the middle of an absolute gale. I just wish I still remembered what I heard.

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful. You hear the call as well? I love your writing.