Sunday, November 04, 2007

Soliloquies - Submitted and marked

Soliloquy 1 – They say they know me


They say they know me
But they know nothing
They run about free
But they do not know
This captivity
I can hear them now
Listening at doors
They are everywhere
Hear them in the walls
I really must scream
Rip out all my hair
But will they even see
They don’t really care
Who are they? Who? Who?
Can they see my pain?
Do they keep my tears?
This ruse I must maintain
Act normal stay sane
Listen. Listen hard
Ignore the rumours
Lies, lies, just discard
Discard all of them
Run away yet stay
To defy them all
Defy and obey


Soliloquy 2 – To take hold take arms


To take hold, take arms
Surely it is time
Better to kill them
Than suffer the wrath
Destroying my qualm
Must go on being
Struggling to breath
Fighting, fighting now
Why do they haunt me?
I must find meaning
Find sense of it all
Perhaps they can leave
They’ll die if they don’t
A blade cross their necks
I’ll watch them all fall
Then blood everywhere
I can almost taste
The pure subtle tide
They cry out in pain
But still unaware
Ignorant to me
Pleas fall on deaf ears
Soon they will know why
My anguish inside
Might soon now set them free


Soliloquy 3 – Rest easy head


Rest easy head
Breath softly sleep
Now lay me down
Beneath the sheet
Cast off my sorrow
Take hold my hand
Deliver me
Unto Neverland
Heavily hung
Those lidded stones
Wet glass raining
Oh so alone
Heart beat slowly
Too slow to tell
Leave me lie
Where I have fell
When shall we speak?
Perhaps upon
The morrow’s break
So weak now
This life I take
No touch of breath
No light of day
The end is death
So fade away

No comments: