Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Free

I was taken back to Melbourne today, if only in mind, but still a voyage I would not pass up.

I saw myself walking through the cobblestoned alleyways as I do everytime I'm there. Discovering little shops hidden from the world. Dancing along the banks of the Yarra, marveling at the water in the Crown. Drinking at the bar, Seeing faces I've not seen in the longest time. Making poeple laugh at my strange antics, eating flesh melting pizza by the slice, roaming the streets at some ungodly hour of the morning and yet still feeling safe, drinking at the bar, Dancing, how I miss the dancing. To be lost in what is a facinating experience right in the heart of a city of old and have most of the locals not know about it. To be free, because that's what Melbourne is to me, a place I can stop caring and just be free.

3 comments:

Criminal Minds Fan said...

It sounds wonderful. I will meet you there and we can share some of that pizza. Sounds like a place everyone should visit.:)

Axe said...

Ooohh, it sounds exactly like my kinda place! Take me with next time, okay?

Shadow of a Joke said...

I wish I could take you all there at comfest, we could all get drunk and party together.