Thursday, January 26, 2006

The Power of Words

I'm working on building a website, this is the poem that greets me;


The Power of Words

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


A simple flower, a wilting rose, a lifetime spent in sadness

Now my petals bloom anew and deliver me from madness

I feared so long that I'd fade away and be easily replaced

But now I know I'm loved by all, I'd never be missplaced

Fore my words live on forever more and many people read

By sharing my work I live forever and that is all I need

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

They do say that no one is dead as long as their name is spoken. And achieving immortality through words is better than, say, breeding or something *g*

You'll have to put up the page address, once it's done.

Criminal Minds Fan said...

Great words from a wonderful writer. Thank you for sharing this with us! :)

Sovereign Syre said...

Let's write a book together. You write the beginning and I'll write the end and somewhere in the middle we'll meet.

Sara said...

Oooh, I love it *jots it down* Thanks!

~Sara

Shadow of a Joke said...

Manon, interesting way to write a book... tempting though :)

Anonymous said...

Great little piece! Thank you for sharing it :)

Sovereign Syre said...

I will woo you yet!