Thursday, November 17, 2005

I've forgotten how to fly

I've forgotten how to fly. It's amazing, how can you forget something that once came so easily? I used to fly, so well and so high above so many others. I'd spread my wings and soar. It was beautiful, I remember it so well, and that makes now feel so much more worse. I've forgotten how to fly, it sounds so strange to one who hasn't flown, but if you're flying, then you may understand my sorrow. I feel like my wings have been clipped, the wind has died and the turbulence is just too overpowering for me to get off the ground. Now I walk on the ground and watch others fly, so entrancing, and majestic. I admire and pity them at the same time. Everyone falls one day, some have flown so high that the fall will surly kill them, but will the young fliers even notice their rapid decent? I think not, but that's the way it is, the old fall to make room for the young. Why did I fall so quickly? Yes I was flying higher, but that's no reason to cut my flight short. Perhaps my wings are broken and given time they'll heal, but I've been grounded so long that it can't be that. I'd give anything to fly again, but what have I to give? The sky's the limit; not anymore, I hear the sky calling me, I cannot respond, we now speak a different language. What happens when the floor falls out from under my feet? Where do I fall from here? I've forgotten how to fly, can you fly? You can't be taught to fly, it's a special gift given to a chosen few, so how do I learn again? I could survive down here, but I can fly, I just can't remember how. I feel like I'm trapped in a world that wasn't meant for me, my sky has fallen and this is what's left. I keep believing I'll fly again, I'll soar high, I'll duck and weave between the clouds, I'll fly so high, I'll never come back down, until then I'll keep believing, keep on dreaming. I'll keep the faith and I'll come back to show them I can fly.

No comments: