Saturday, November 19, 2005

Is anything ever perfect?

I always say no one is perfect, and I love the comment, only human, but then I am reminded of the old milk add. You know the one, the slogan was, 'You can't improve on perfect.' Now I believe the saying, but I am also aware of the imperfections of milk. It leads me to wonder, is there anything that is actually perfect?
I know mans beauty is defined by its imperfections and I can truly appreciate that. What about nature?
I suppose you can't say what is and what isn't until you define perfection.
Is it symmetry? A pattern repeating itself?
Is it cooperative? Everything running smoothly together.
Is it uniqueness? The beauty of difference.
Is it beauty? The ability to be prettier than those around you.
Can you even define it?

It is everything and nothing at the same time. How can you understand something that can't clearly be defined? Even a piece of writing can never be perfect. Syntax, grammar, punctuation, they can be fine, but someone will always find fault unless the piece is beyond their imperfection detection ability. Peoples opinion of what is perfect also varies which makes it very hard to please all the people all the time.
If perfection doesn't exist anyone who seeks it is bound to fall short.

Luckily it is the imperfections of everything that I love so much, that allow me to appreciate everything individually while also being aware of the beauty, cooperativeness and symmetry...
Everything is beautiful in my eyes, but nothing is perfect and that's what makes everything so beautiful.

4 comments:

ann said...

try something frivolous ..... bobby et moi are back on track LOL

eliza said...

Very thought provoking.Beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder.I think being aware of imperfections makes you more open to seeing beauty in everything.Nothing is perfect but you can find beauty everywhere,just depends on your point of view.

Eliza xxx

Criminal Minds Fan said...

Really beautiful. Thanks for sharing it with us!

Shadow of a Joke said...

Cool Janice, thank you.