Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Letting Go

Its time to say goodbye, how could I let it end like this, I could have saved you, I could have been more gentle, but it never occurred to me at the time and now I must say goodbye. How could I ever replace you, I could never find another just like you, and yet I must, it just isn't fair. I remember every masterpiece we shared, every touch, how you danced in my arms, the way we moved in time was beautiful, we made music together, a sonata that only we two could share. Others may have glanced the work of art we portrayed, but they could never truly know how I feet inside, I know you did. I remember when I first found you, you were all alone, lost as it were, but I didn't care, I held you in my arms, I took you home and you became part of my elite little family. If only I had the sense to look after you, to care for you as you performed for me, instead I used and abused you, never thinking of tomorrow, never realising that one day I would take it to far. And through it all I've heard no complaints, you always danced so gracefully as if in a timeless waltz with occasional pauses. I know I must let you go, allow you to fall from my hands forever. I can't use you any longer, you no longer dance for me, but if I keep you I don't think I could bare to handle another whilst you're present. I hope you'll forgive me for cutting your life short, you know I didn't mean to do it, it was my stupidity and impatience that drove me to it, looking back now, I know I was a fool. By writing this, I hope you'll know that I care, that in your final resting place I'll be there to say goodbye and to mourn. Now as darkness falls, it seems I'm lost without you, but one day I will move on, and maybe when I die we will meet again and we will dance together once more on that giant canvas in the sky. Good-bye my dear favorite paintbrush.

4 comments:

eliza said...

I loved that! This is going to sound really sad,but my brother bought me a really great fountain pen years ago and I was almost in tears when it finally gave up on me.I'd used it for everything,even writing shopping lists.I have to make do now with an inferior model.Maybe if I ask nicely I'll get another one for Xmas.

Eliza xxx

Criminal Minds Fan said...

You are a very gifted writer. Very talented. I love to read what you write. I hope you post often.

ann said...

another good one my dear insane genius. I love your stories. Mine are so silly; your's are so clever

lotsa luv ann xxxxx

Shadow of a Joke said...

Thank you everyone :D

Now you've got me curious Janice, damn it's going to eat away at me. ;p