Thursday, December 01, 2005

Your turn - think of it as a christmas present.

Why do we read? Other than for knowledge I mean. I know why I read, it's the same reason I write and paint. It allows me to enter another world, it lets me experience things I would never be able to experience in real life. So many things we can now achieve in books, it makes you wonder how people ever put them down. I don't put them down easy, I know I'll never go overseas and see all the things I want to see, the only place I'll ever know that excitement is by experiencing it through other people in a book. I'm not bitter that I'll never get there, I'm grateful someone else has put pen to paper to allow me to experience that feeling.

I can be anything in a book, well almost anything, the one thing I can never be is me. I know many others also escape into books, it allows them to live in another age, another world, another species. It allows you to dream that you might actually get there one day.

Now I know where I want a book to take me, none will take me there unless I write the book myself, that's one of the reasons I write, that and I'm really good at it :D. Sometimes though it is good to be led and I wonder where do other people want books to take them?

So lead me my friends, I will write any style, any period, anything at all, put down what you want and I will write it up. Short things only, I don't want to write war and peace just yet :). Just tell me where we are going and I will take us there.
So what do you want me to write people?

I'll answer every single challenge.
Inspire me.

8 comments:

eliza said...

OOOH,This could be good.

I read because it takes me away from myself.I'm a book junkie,at last count i had over 400.

Challenge:HMS Victory after Nelsons death.From an ordinary seamans P.O.V

Only because it fascinates me.I love going to look at Victory,so much atmosphere.

Good Luck.

Eliza xxxx

Faye_Hart said...

Okay. Your Great Aunt Petunia died. She has left you the bulk of her estate. She had immigrated to America
in the 1930's. To, let's say, Savannah, Georgia. You are her only surviving heir. You have to go in person to claim your inheritance. No hiring a proxy to go for you.

Axe said...

Take me to the time of the Saxons, invading Britton.Feature a female (Pictish) sex slave of a Saxon warlord, powerful in size and authority, ending up enslaving HIM, ultimately.

Throw in NC-17 images of violence, sex and cannibalism and weave it into an unlikely love story.

You have been challenged...;-)

PS: Janice, I'm just like you in this regard.

Faye_Hart said...

OOh, I like Axe's suggestion.

ann said...

A page-turner; a book you can't put down. I love description, colour, so that I can picture myself there. A satisfying ending; one you say, that's it, that's how it should be.

But you know, there are very few books that end well. I feel the writer has to write so many words; finds they reach that point and wham, the end.

I love mysticism and the spiritual. A story of angels and demons, forces of nature, the presence of the divine, dreams, a moral; a lesson. Add wit and humour, add colour and spice and warmth that when I read it I will glow and hold my breath by its sheer intensity.

Shadow of a Joke said...

oo These are all very good, I'll have fun with these, just one thing, what is NC-17?

eliza said...

NC-17 is adult material be it sex,violence,etc.

ann:have you ever read Barbara Erskine? Her novels are wonderful,full of escapism!

Eliza xxxx

Faye_Hart said...

It's a game or movie rating. Have to be at least 17 to view.