Friday, November 11, 2005

Silence

She screams at me
I hold my ears
She increases pitch
I walk away
She walks closer
I've nowhere to go
She screams louder
I stare into space
she hits me
I look blankly at her
She screams again
I rub my eyes
She grabs at my hands
I try to pull myself free
She drags me outside
I struggle in vain
She hits me again and again and again
I feel nothing
She looks at her hands they are red
She cries and screams
I am soaked yet still nothing
She falls over and hugs me
I do not understand
She continues to cry
I try to move but cannot
She screams one last time
But I can no longer hear
I am free

4 comments:

Axe said...

Infanticide?

ann said...

Oh please, this is too sad. Is there anywhere, my dear insane genius you could find something sweet and beautiful in your next poem.

Shadow of a Joke said...

I focus on what I see and what I feel. Happy times don't usually occur til January

Shadow of a Joke said...

Spot on Axe :)