Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Behind the Name

KELLY
Gender: Masculine & Feminine
Usage: Irish, English
Pronounced: KEL-ee [key]
Extra Info: Popularity, Related Names, Comments
Options: Contribute Information, Add to List
It could be related to the first name CEALLACH or the surname derived from it Ó Ceallaigh. Alternatively, it might be related to a Pictish word meaning "wood" or "holly". As a surname, this name has belonged to actor and dancer Gene Kelly and actress Grace Kelly.
behind the name

5 comments:

Faye_Hart said...

Mine said nothing, other than English, feminine, prounounced FAY. DUH.

Shadow of a Joke said...

heheheh

Anonymous said...

Wow, thanks for the link. My name is the feminine form of Richard. Wow. I guess I really am a D**k! ;)

eliza said...

ELIZA
Gender: Feminine
Usage: English
Pronounced: ee-LIE-za [key]
Extra Info: Popularity, Related Names, Name Days, Comments
Options: Contribute Information, Add to List
Short form of ELIZABETH (No it's not!!!)

I hate when they say it's a short form of Elizabeth.Mines a short form of Eliza Jane,which is my full name and a family name.I've been called Elizabeth so many times and it makes me mad.

Sorry,silly thing to get worked up about.

Eliza xxxxx

Shadow of a Joke said...

I don't know what it is you're appoligising for, but of course I'll forgive you. :)