Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Fight the Plague

Parasites, antibodies, bacteria, germs; how I hate them. These infectious little monsters are everywhere the eye can see and many other places we do not dare to look. I cannot see them, but I know they are there, invading every orifice known to man, for those that do not know me; I spend almost every waking moment sick as hell. I can’t stand to be touched, especially by strangers, yet they come up and take my hand each day, how I long to yank it back, but I resist the urge, for they may get the wrong impression, how can I possibly tell them that I am repulsed by their very existence, who knows what vile germs are being transferred from their hands to mine, do I dare contemplate where their hands have been, I see them sneeze, and cough, and splutter all over themselves, then absentmindedly stroll up to me and hand me their cash, oblivious to all the diseases I will contract because of them. I've seen food sellers trying to combat the dreaded germ, the workers forced to wear gloves, but whilst wearing the gloves, their hands still wander to the nether regions containing bacteria, then back to the food. (How tasty) I had the miss privilege to work for a fast food franchise, wherein one of the bosses demanded that I serve the meat raw, because they were too cheap to fix their appliances and too stubborn to admit there was a problem, consequently, I left that job. Scientists work endlessly in labs, creating new viruses and plagues so that they may discover cures for them, I find it very similar to setting fire to someone, before knowing whether the fire can be contained, or even put out, sheer stupidity. I have managed to avoid the major diseases, opting for the everlasting, incurable bronchial phenomena, I will probably die from the common cold knowing my luck, and I was always hoping for consumption, oh well. I would like, just for once, that all the carriers (the bastards that don't actually catch the disease, they just carry it and give it to the poor unsuspecting bystander) to feel the pain I've faced all my life, lets see how they like it, lets follow Gilbert and Sullivan's example, let the punishment fit the crime and return all the diseases in the world to the carrier.

3 comments:

Axe said...

I'm with ya on that one!

eliza said...

I'm with you,here.especially at this time of year,yuk!!

Eliza xxxx

Faye_Hart said...

Have you ever seen the show "Monk". I think you would get along with the main character famously.