Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Pork Chop

Children, I never used to understand the beauty of children, not until I held my niece in my hand the first time. Children have always loved me, I think we're on the same mental level and they can just tell. I love the whole unconditional love thing, it will be a shame when she out grows that.
Now Pork Chop, that's what I call her, her parents are not to fond of the name, but if they had given her a better name, she wouldn't need a nickname, and she answers to it. Pork Chop loves me and she looks just like me, which is great. Her parents look nothing like her, they hate it when I am complimented for their beautiful daughter. Being three months early she is still a little short, but she is a cute kid. She was ugly when she was born and I felt the need to share this with her mother, I was told that mothers can't tell, I couldn't let her be biased, it was up to me to tell her, lets face it, no one else would. Pork Chop cries when I leave, I can't blame her, without me all she has is... Her parents. Her birthday is on boxing day, I hate buying two presents, but I couldn't just give her one. I buy her books; classics and fairy tales, but this year she is getting my old guitar as well. Her mother requested it, it's bigger than she is, but I hope it survives for her to be old enough to play it. I love her and I hope that she will keep loving me. I'll probably never have any of my own children so she does mean the world to me.

2 comments:

Criminal Minds Fan said...

It sounds as if porkchop is lucky to have a auntie who loves her so much. :)

eliza said...

PorkChop is very lucky to have an aunty who loves her so much.I'm sure she returns the compliment.
I love kids,just for being kids.

My big regret is not spending enough time with my neices,but we're all so far apart.

Eliza xxxxx